Saturday 29 October 2011

A sighting for sore eyes.

I was just cruising back from the office when I stumbled across this tired but very much 'amped' Andrew Clarky Clarke mid 80k leg burner. Heres what he had to say on the matter. "Coming off the back of a long term injury I feel it's more than important to build my leg muscles up, so saddling up the road bike (granny ring in the bin) was just the natural thing to do. I got in touch with my local club, The Heaton Pedallers, and haven't looked back. At first I was daunted by the 50k Sunday meets but now I feel like I found a great bunch of guys who, whilst competitive, can still partake in the post-ride pint piss-take sessions avec gusto. I'm not sure how the rest of the BMX community will take this and I know Ian and Dean weren't too happy at first but they sure came round once I told them how it's improved my urban sport performance, and hey, we're all on two wheels right?"

1 comment:

  1. The Bike Enjoyer6 November 2011 at 22:30

    Really into the cross over bmx/road thing at the moment. It increses fitness, good for the environment and is really good way to get from A to B to C to D to E to F to G to H to I to J to K to L to M to N to O to P to Q to R to S to T to U to V to W to X to Y to Z. Just off to meet for a quick game of BIKE POLOOOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete